The Company patronages are a result of the generosity of our Haberdasher predecessors:
Dame Mary Weld, in her will of 1623, gave money for the purchase of three patronages by the Company: St. Peter's with All Saints, Chertsey; Albrighton, Shropshire (now the United Benetice of Albrighton, Boningale and Donington); Wigston Magna, Leicestershire.
The patronages of St John the Baptist, Hoxton, All Saints, Hatcham, and St Catherine’s, Hatcham result from the former Jones Lectureship Charity.
St John the Baptist had links to the Haberdashers' Aske's Hospital School in nearby Pitfield St; All Saints is currently involved with local schools, including Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College; in 1892 the Company provided the land and money to build St Catherine’s.
Edmund Hammond, in his will of 1638, gave the Company a sum to purchase the Church livings of Awre and Blakeney. The Will of Thomas Aldersey, one of four principal Haberdasher benefactors, appointed the Company patron of St Boniface, Bunbury, Cheshire in 1594 as part of a project to benefit local people, including the foundation of Bunbury School.