Support for Individuals
Grants from the Haberdashers’ Education Foundation are only available for pupils or former pupils of Haberdasher Schools. Assistance from the Haberdashers’ Benevolent Foundation is only available to Freemen of the Company (or their widows or children) who are in need, hardship or distress and who are resident in the UK.
For further information please contact your school (or former school) if you are a pupil or former pupil of a Haberdasher School, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for Charitable Organisations
The Small Grants Programme is open for applications from UK Registered Charities.
The Programme is intended for small charities for whom up to £2,000 in funding would make a significant contribution to a project.
Grants of £2,000 and under are available from the Haberdashers’ Benevolent Foundation for charities whose work meets one or more of the Focus Areas and whose work benefits those within any of the geographic areas outlined below.
Focus Area eligibility requirements:
- UK Registered Charities helping the unemployed, the homeless, ex-offenders and those at risk of offending to find jobs or improve their education or skills and to find more stable accommodation.
- UK Registered Charities helping excluded, disadvantaged or at risk young people to address their challenges.
- UK Registered Charities supporting the elderly, disabled or chronically sick (and their carers) in combating loneliness and social isolation.
Geographic Location eligibility requirements:
Only UK Registered Charities whose beneficiaries are mainly located in any of these areas will be eligible to apply.
- The City of London
- The London Borough of Bexley
- The London Borough of Hackney
- The London Borough of Lewisham
- The London Borough of Southwark
- The Borough of Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire
- The Forest of Dean District
- The town of Chertsey in Surrey
- The village of Albrighton, Shropshire (and surrounding areas)
- The town of Wigston, Leicestershire (and surrounding areas)
- The village of Bunbury, Cheshire (and surrounding areas)
All applications must meet the eligibility requirements relating to both the Focus Areas and Geographic Locations above. Eligible projects with a link to textiles or fashion are particularly encouraged.
Please note that unfortunately, we cannot fund the following areas:
Charities working overseas
Animal welfare charities
Charities making grants to other organisations or individuals
Building restoration or other conservation work